Introducing the TECO Westinghouse Optim Open Drip Proof (ODP) Motor Line, a pinnacle of performance designed for a multitude of industrial applications. Ideal for deployment in fans and blowers, compressors, and pumps, this motor line stands as a reliable and versatile solution. Boasting a power range from 1 to 500 HP, these motors feature an Open Drip Proof IP22 design, providing efficient operation while safeguarding against external elements. With a horizontal F1 mount, installation is made easy across various setups. Operating at 60Hz with voltage options of 230V/460V, 460V, or 575V, the motor line adapts seamlessly to diverse electrical systems. Offering speeds of 3600, 1800, and 1200 RPM, along with NEMA Premium Efficiency, the TECO Westinghouse Optim ODP Motor Line offers not only powerful performance but also energy-conscious operation. Elevate your industrial processes with the reliability and efficiency embodied in this motor line, setting a new standard for excellence in the field.
- 1.15 Service Factor Sine Wave Power; 1.0 Service Factor VFD Power
- Class F Insulation
- 40˚C Ambient
- Continuous Duty
- NEMA Design B
- Max Elevation 3300ft
- Shielded Bearings Frames 140T-280T and Open Bearings with Regreaseable Provisions Frames 280TS, 320T and Larger
- Polyrex EM Grease in all Regreaseable Bearings, Multemp SRL Grease in Shielded Bearings
- Aluminum Rotor
- Cast-Iron Frame and End Brackets
- Rolled Steel Conduit Box up to 400T Frames; Fabricated Steel Conduit Box 440T Frames and Larger
- Number of Leads 230/460V: 9 Leads 1-5 HP; 12 Leads 7.5-125 HP; 6 Leads 150 and Above
- Number of Leads 575V: 3 Leads up to 449T; 6 Leads 5000 Frames and Larger
- Solderless Lug Terminals on All Leads
- Grounding Terminal Inside Main Terminal Box
- Interchangeable F1 and F2 mounting up to 449T
- Paint System: Phenolic Rust Proof Base with Lacquer Top Coat
- Stainless Steel Nameplate
- Usable on 208V Sinusoidal Power Only
- Rubber Flinger on DE up to 280T; Steel Flinger on DE 280TS and Larger
- HPE™ High Pulse Endurance Spike Resistant Wire. Precautions should be taken to eliminate or reduce voltage spikes and shaft currents that may be imposed on the motor by the VFD as stated per NEMA MG1, Part 31.4.4
- Phenolic Alkyd Resin Varnish 140T to 400T Frames; 2 Dips Phenolic Alkyd Resin Varnish and 1 Coat Spray Enamel 440T Frames and Larger
- Winding RTD's, Space Heaters and Provisions for Bearing RTD's Standard 5000 Frames and Larger
- CSA Certified, UL Recognized and CE Marked
- UL Listed (UL 1004-5) for Fire Pump Applications (1-400HP) Available upon Request
- CSA Energy Efficiency Verification (EEV)
- *Speed Ranges up to 10:1 CT, and 20:1 VT. Refer to data sheet for rating specific turn down ratios
Precautions should be taken to eliminate or reduce voltage spikes and shaft currents that may be imposed on the motor by the VFD as stated per NEMA MG1, Part 31.4.4.
Need it Now?
See our for equivalent alternatives
Technical Support Available 8:30am-6:00pm ESTCall 1-800-890-7593
No cross-referenced matches have been found, but our team may be able to help find an alternate solution.
TECO Westinghouse: Optim ODP (132)
The TECO-Westinghouse OPTIM ODP motors are engineered and designed for environments where dirt and moisture are minimal. This inverter duty motor offers premium efficiency ratings that deliver significant life-cycle savings.
- Available from 1-500HP; 2, 4 & 6 Pole
- NEMA Premium Efficiency
- HPE™ High Pulse Endurance Spike Resistant Wire for Inverter Duty Applications
- Inverter Speed Range 10:1 CT & 20:1 VT up to 300HP; 3:1 CT & 20:1 VT 301-500HP
- UL Listed (UL 1004-5) for Fire Pump Applications (1-400HP)
What is a General-Purpose AC Motor
General Purpose AC motors refers to a broad category of every-day-use motors. Very similar to a car’s base model, these motors don’t have all the bells and whistles. You won’t find specialized shafts and bearings, specific mounting equipment, or over current and overload protections. Therefore, general purpose motors can be used for many purposes.
Sometimes referred to as ‘asynchronous’ or ‘induction’ motors, AC motors convert alternating current into mechanical energy (torque). AC stands for alternating current, as the electric current reverses its direction many times in a second. Most motors built for use in Canada run at 60Hz, meaning the direction changes 60 times per second.
Where to Buy General Purpose AC Motors in Canada
Shop general purpose electric motors online through our Canadian website today. With over 8500 SKUs and convenient filtering options, you can easily find the motor you’re searching for. Inventory is distributed from Toronto, Montreal, and Edmonton. Most orders arrive in 1-5 business days when shipping within Canada.
Our general purpose motor category covers many types of electric motors like single-phase and three-phase general purpose AC motor, for example. Choose a motor with a frame made from materials like cast iron, rolled steel, aluminum, and stainless steel. Find horsepower abilities from fractional up to 600. Choose from different enclosure types, like open Air Over (OAO), Open Drip Proof (ODP), Totally Enclosed Air Over (TEAO), Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled (TEFC), and Totally Enclosed Non-Ventilated (TENV). All from your most trusted brands; Baldor, Century, Leeson, Marathon, Max Motion, Nidec, TECO-Westinghouse, and WEG.
Need a hand finding the right motor for your application or legacy replacement? Contact our motors experts. They have extensive knowledge, backed by over 45 years of experience, to help you with your electric motor project.
There are no reviews for this product yet.Be the first to write a review
About TECO Westinghouse
George Westinghouse introduced his DC Motor line in 1888, marking the beginnings of the TECO-Westinghouse brand. Now a market leader in electric motor and control design and supply in Canada for various industries. TECO-Westinghouse branded motors’ manufacturing facilities are in Taiwan, China, and Malaysia, and their headquarters are in Edmonton, AB.
Their extensive network of manufacturing bases are located across the globe and offer product innovation opportunities, fantastic engineering and manufacturing resources, and unmatched service. TECO-Westinghouse has always put quality first; their products exceed international industrial standards. With over 100 years under their belt and products that span a range of applications, TECO-Westinghouse is your preferred source of electric motors, controls, and accessories.Shop TECO Westinghouse