Our team will be happy to facilitate the fulfilment of manufacturers’ warranties
Got a Problem? We’re Here to Help.
Need to claim against your product’s warranty? Get in touch with our expert team and we'll start the process immediately. Together, we'll determine the scope of the problem and the most appropriate solution for you.
Depending on the situation, we'll either:
- Help you to replace the product
- Help you to repair the product
A warranty is issued to the end-purchaser by the manufacturer. It’s a legally binding agreement promising to repair or replace the product within a specified time period. Warranties help to ensure that you’re protected.
During the warranty period, should the product prove to be defective, eMotors Direct will repair or replace the product/parts at no extra charge. This applies only to products that have been properly maintained and under normal use during the warranty period. This limited warranty pertains only to physical items purchased from eMotors Direct (the "physical goods").
The warranty doesn’t apply to:
- Conditions, malfunctions or damages not resulting from defects in material or workmanship
- Normal wear and tear
- Damages from operating the product outside the limit of its intended use
- Damages that have occurred during delivery
Warranty periods will vary and may start from the date of manufacture or the date of purchase, depending on the manufacturer and product.
To confirm your motor’s warranty period:
- Look up your motor on our website using the smart search
- Click “technical specifications”
- The warranty period will be outlined under “additional data”
Note that while motors, gear reducers and controls usually have warranty periods, many parts and accessories don’t come with a manufacturer’s warranty.
Generally, single-phase motors are under warranty for one year, three-phase motors are under warranty for three years, and IEEE 841 standard motors are under warranty for five years. The warranty period is dependent on the manufacturer and product and the limited warranty is non-transferable.
The warranty period for physical goods obtained from eMotors Direct is 365 days from the date of purchase. A substitution physical good or part takes on the remaining warranty of the original purchase or 365 days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever is longer.
To initiate the exchange or return process, follow these steps:
- If not already logged in, log into your account by clicking ‘sign in / register’ at the top of the page.
- If you are logged in, click on ‘My Account’ to navigate to your account page.
- If you have forgotten your password, click the ‘forgot password’ link.
- Once in your account, click ‘Purchases’ and then ‘Purchase History’ on the left menu.
- Select the order number relating to your warranty claim.
- On the order page, select ‘Request Warranty’.
- Fill out the form and submit your warranty claim.
- Your warranty claim has now been initiated. Our team will email you with the next steps.
- Keep all products and pieces relating to your warranty until you've been advised on next steps.
- To review your warranty status, log into your account, click ‘Purchases’ and then ‘Warranty’. Click on your warranty claim. All case details will be listed on this screen.
Got More Questions?
Give our team a call on 1-800-890-7593. We’d love to hear from you!
"eMotors Direct had the Leeson motor we needed and their online chat helped me to verify it was a direct replacement. The price was reasonable and included free shipping. It arrived a few days later and works perfectly. I’m very happy."
— Bruce L.
"Great. The part shipped on the same day and arrived quickly."
— Monique J.
"If you’re in Canada, use emotorsdirect.ca. They offer a personal, quick and accurate service!"
— Kim G.
"We ordered a motor on Tuesday and had it in our shop by Thursday evening. It was a seamless transaction with great customer service from Ivy and Cory."
— Art T.
"Good customer service and product selection. We’re very happy."
— Adam R.
"Very helpful customer service from Will and technical support from Cory. I just bought a motor from them and I’m likely to do business with them again in the future!"
— Caniggia D.